So you are into water sports, in the search for a best fishing kayak on which you can venture out in the water and feel thrilled as you paddle your way ahead to stealthily catch that unsuspecting fish. Kayak fishing is quite popular among both amateur and professional fisherman.
Swift or smooth, broad as the Hudson or narrow enough to scrape your gunwales, every river is a world of its own, unique in pattern and personality. Each mile on a river will take you further from home than a hundred miles on a road. — Bob Marshall
Whether you want to replace your old kayak, buy a new one or want to introduce your child to this sport and admire nature as is, shortlisting and finding the best kayaks for fishing can be quite tough. With so many products, it can be a time consuming and tedious task, so we have put together an awesome resource which will help you in choosing the best kayak for fishing.
To lessen your time consuming research process, we have also prepared a comparison guide containing 3 top fishing kayaks.
- 1 The Uber Cool 3 Best Fishing Kayaks
- 2 Reviews of 3 Best Fishing Kayak Reviews
- 3 Things to Consider while choosing Kayaks for Fishing
- 4 Types of Fishing Kayaks
- 5 Benefits of a Fishing Kayak
The Uber Cool 3 Best Fishing Kayaks
We know that no fishing kayak is perfect , so after going through various parameters on amazon, here are the suggested 3 best kayaks for fishing with a quick comparison:
|Advanced Elements AE1007-R Advanced Frame Convertible Inflatable Kayak||Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak with Paddles and Backrests||Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package|
|Reviews:42||Reviews :43||Reviews :79|
|Weight : 56 pounds||Weight:60 pounds||Weight :32 pounds|
102 x 36 inches
102 x 36 x 19 inches
150 x 34 inches Inflated
31 x 19 inches Deflated
|Capacity : 550 pounds|
Upto 2 People
|Capacity : 500 pounds |
Upto 3 people
|Capacity : 650 pounds|
Upto 3 people
|Free Shipping||Free Shipping||Free Shipping|
|1 year Warranty||1 year Warranty||3 year Warranty|
|Our Review||Our Review||Our Review|
| Amazon Rating |
4.6 out of 5 stars
| Amazon Rating |
4.4 out of 5 stars
| Amazon Rating |
4.4 out of 5 stars
Reviews of 3 Best Fishing Kayak Reviews
With the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak , you will discover a kayak that is ideal for any level of kayaking enthusiast. With the ability to accommodate up to 3 riders ,you no longer need to go alone out there fishing With its dry storage compartment, you can easily keep all of your essentials safe and dry as well as unharmed by the elements while on the water.
This 10 foot kayak is simply amazing for fishing given its two 2 piece sport paddles and ditty trays which come with a shock cord for storing any loose items. Whether you are an expert fisherman or new to the craft, you will find the task so much easier with the Lifetime Sport Fisher Kayak. Sit comfortably in these seats equipped with backrests and enjoy your time on the water catching those big ones. This incredible well balanced design allows for better stability while in the water as well allowing you to either stand up to fish or sit all without the worry of tipping over.
The incredible Advanced Elements Convertible Inflatable Kayak was a tremendous find for us. With its built-in aluminum ribs that easily define the bow and stern, the tracking was improved immensely from that of other kayaks on the market. It boasts three layers of material that offer the utmost in serious puncture resistance for those kayaking on rougher waters. It is also pre-assembled at the factory which means no set up woes for you. All the you need to do is simply unfold, inflate and attach the seats to begin the awesome kayaking experience
You can enjoy kayaking more than ever with this Advanced Elements Convertible Inflatable Kayak because of its high support featured in its adjustable padded seats which provide loads of comfort for those long hours spent paddling. With three seat locations, you no longer have to travel alone. This is a fantastic find at an incredible deal for any kayak enthusiast. Whether you prefer the rough waters or more smooth sailing, the comfort and readiness to sail make the Advanced Elements AE Convertible Inflatable Kayak is the ideal solution for you.
If you are also looking to satisfy your thrill-seeking needs over the water then better go with the Sea Eagle SE370 Inflatable Kayak with Pro Package. With the added features and the pro package, it stood out to be a clear choice amongst its peers.
This fishing kayak is lightweight and portable, so any setting will accommodate it. It takes eight minutes to inflate – which is fast. It has three one-way valves and a drainage valve that can bail itself . This kayak also comes with a repair kit, a pressure gauge, two skegs to make you faster and for tracking to be better and two spray skirts. Some people find it hard to use the kayak against the wind, but a common sense solution is to simply wait for a time when the wind calms down. Overall, you will have a nice time with this feature-packed inflatable fishing kayak. It is one of the best fishing kayaks available out there which is definitely affordable.
Things to Consider while choosing Kayaks for Fishing
- If you are planning to paddle mostly in the ocean and rarely in whitewater’s, purchase an ocean going kayak and lease a whitewater kayak to be used occasionally.
- The length of the kayak plays a crucial role when buying a kayak. Always remember that the while a longer kayak will be faster, a shorter kayak will be more maneuverable.
- Consider the width of the kayak. Wider kayaks tend to more stable but are generally slow on water. However, if you are looking for stability, a 30- 36 inch wide kayak could prove to be a perfect choice.
- Consider the weight of the kayak when purchasing a fishing kayak. Try choosing a kayak that weighs 130 pounds or below and avoid choosing kayak that are made of “ultra-lite’ material.
- Consider your storage space when getting a kayak. Sit on top kayak’s are difficult to hang on the wall and require more space during hauling when compared to sit in kayaks.
- If you are planning to get a fishing kayak for activities such as diving, fishing or paddling, go for a sit on top kayak. But if you wish to paddle in rough waters or go for long distances or are planning for overnight trips, opt for sit inside kayaks.
- When selecting fishing kayaks, always opt for those that have a warranty.
Types of Fishing Kayaks
Kayaks usually come in various lengths, shapes and widths and are made in different types of material such as vinyl, metal and fiberglass. There are basically two type of fishing kayaks-
The Sit- on- top Fishing Kayak: In this type of kayak, the design of the hull features a molded deck that makes it exceptionally easy for a person sitting on the top to maneuver it.It allows you to store all your gear above deck within your arms reach, thereby making it easy for you to access them.
The Sit- in or Enclosed fishing kayak: is a traditional style of kayak in which you are required to sit inside a dry protected shell. The lower center of gravity of these kayaks makes it easy for paddlers to control them and make them move faster.
Benefits of a Fishing Kayak
- You don’t spend a fortune : Kayak fishing is essentially an inexpensive method of fishing in which the initial cost of kayak fishing is quite less when compared to fishing from traditional boats. While a new kayak along with the equipment can cost around seven to eight hundred dollars, buying a fishing kayak that is fully equipped can cost around fifteen hundred dollars.
- You like being a Ninja: The fact that fishes generally prefer calm and silence whenever they can get it, fishing from a kayak allows you paddle quietly right over the fish and get to fish without spooking them. Moreover, traveling in a kayak help you see nature more closely when compared to other methods of fishing.
- You want Convenience: A kayak can be launched at any place close to the shore. The fact that a kayak requires just six inches of water to float, it allows the you to access waters that traditional angling boats are unable to access due to less deeper water levels. Moreover, since kayaks are non motorized , it also allows you to use these boats on the best fishing waters that usually have motor restrictions.
- You want something Easy to Maintain: Unlike traditional boats, fishing kayaks do not require any oil change, maintain trailers or winterizing, thereby making it easy to maintain them. However, kayaks are required to be stored properly and have the UV protectant applied regularly to help them stay in good condition and last longer.
- You are Health Conscious: Kayaking is a low impact activity that helps improve your strength, flexibility and aerobic fitness. Paddling when kayak fishing can help increase muscle strength especially in your arms, shoulders, back and chest. Additionally you get vitamin D, being in sun light and at the end of the day you sleep well :).